Jerry Nyman, Supervisor
Routing Operations is responsible for the coordination of school bus routing and scheduling with transportation terminals and cost analysis reporting. In addition, we are responsible for data collection and reporting student ridership statistics to support the district's transportation funding allocation from the State of Florida.
- Operate the routing and scheduling section of the Pupil Transportation Department
- Coordinate database with the Geographic Information System (GIS) section of the Property Management Department
- Develop school bus routes and schedules that are safe, dependable, efficient and cost effective within the framework of the predetermined routing and scheduling calendar
- Make required changes in the school bus routes on a daily basis
- Prepare the annual routing and scheduling calendar under the direction of the Director of Pupil Transportation
- Prepare reports, studies and surveys as required
- Route mileage, students transported, and miles traveled, cost per mile, hours worked by drivers, etc.
- Cooperate with Pupil Transportation personnel in the implementation of school bus routes and schedules
COMPUTER ASSISTED ROUTE SCHEDULING SYSTEM
Education Logistics, Inc. (EDULOG) is the computer assisted routing system used by the Pupil Transportation Department to establish bus stops, bus trips and bus routes. The EDULOG system utilizes the district's student database and an electronic map to identify the location of students eligible for transportation. The EDULOG electronic map identifies the street network of Broward County. EDULOG calculates the distance a student travels to school and the path a bus will travel on route to that school. The system also allows the transportation personnel the ability to graphically see the location of students in relationship to established bus stops.
The Pupil Transportation Department, school personnel and parents / guardians continue to work together to provide special needs students with an enriched educational environment.