On the road to Success…Our Future is On Board!
Equipment not Authorized to be Transported on School Buses:
- Items made of glass.
- Live animals, including but not limited to dogs, cats, snakes, insects, etc. (services animals must go through an approval process. )
- Large bulky items (instruments, balloons, etc.) that block the entrance, aisles, or that deprive a student of a seat.
- School projects too large for students to hold on their lap or between knees.
- Sharp objects, balls, bats, roller skates, skateboards or cutting instruments of any kind.
- The aisle must be kept clear at all times. If band instruments are brought on the bus, they cannot be placed on seats if it causes a student to stand.
Equipment Authorized to be Transported:
- Following is a sample list of musical instruments that meet the criteria permitting them to be carried on school buses by music students on regular routes:
- Alto Clarinet
- English horn
- Trumpet (Cornet)
- Alto Saxophone
*Music played through cell phones or iPods must have earplugs or headsets.
Items Not Authorized on a School Bus
- Audio equipment (Radio, CD or Cassette Player)
- Food or Drinks
- Magazines or Newspapers